15.10.07

Chi Lin Nunnery

Today we took Didi (Isabelle's mum), and Ugette (her Aunt) to the sterile but beautiful Chi Lin Nunnery and the nearbye Nan Ian Gardens.

Rebuilt to allow developers to create a more modern temple of shopping on the original site (and roads) the place lacks heart and warmth despite all the beautiful craftsmanship and amazingly the original materials (plus some concrete)

The gardens were beautiful but had that don't touch sort of feel, don't sit down, don't enjoy yourself, just be peaceful and walk along this path at this pace so that you can arrive at the gift shop full of shopping energy.....

When will the Chinese chill out? I got told off for touching a plant.
On the MTR on the way to the nunnery I counted 10 stickers within 2 metres of me telling me about things I wasn't allowed to do.....oh well!



Full Screen Slideshow Here

0 comments: